Important Fireworks Safety
Important Reloadable Artillery Shell Safety Instructions
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
- Follow your local and state laws regarding the display and possession of Consumer Fireworks. Make certain to read and follow all directions and caution labels on each individual fireworks device.
- NEVER allow children to handle, play with and or light any type of fireworks including hand held sparklers.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages before or while handling consumer fireworks.
- Always light consumer fireworks on a hard, flat and level surface. When using a multi shot aerial device use cement blocks or plywood to barricade the device from tipping over and discharging into the spectator area.
- Always shoot fireworks off in a clear unobstructed area away from power lines or overhead objects.
- When using a multi shot tube device, allow at least 250' minimum distance between the discharge area and the spectators and inhabited dwellings.
- Fountains can be discharged approximately 40' from the spectator area or an inhabited dwelling.
- Never discharge/ use fireworks indoors or from an open porch/deck area.
- Never use fireworks in windy / dry conditions.
- Have a charged garden hose available and a bucket of water available.
- Never extend your body over the device when lighting it. If the item fails to shoot, wait 20 minutes and then submerge the device in a bucket of water for ½ hour.
- Never attempt to re-ignite, alter, experiment or fix any "dud" firework device.
- Never point, aim or horseplay with fireworks.
- Always store fireworks in a cool, dry location away from any heat sources. Store fireworks where children cannot access them.
- Fireworks will startle small children, pets and neighbors. Ensure everyone's safety and common courtesy by advising everyone surrounding the discharge area that you will be discharging fireworks. You are ultimately responsible for discharging them safely and properly